Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sense of Time

From the June / July
I tried the technique called “Stained Embossing”, my attempt did not turn out as well as Judy Jackson’s did, I think I should of used more water…

The details are;
Embossing folder from Cuttlebug,
(Sprockets and Clockworks)
Distress Stains: Broken China, Rusty Hinge,
Pewter and Distress Ink in Gathered Twigs.

For the tag treatment, here I tried a technique from
This was the (Corrugated Kraft tag)
which I repeated the same color as before.

Stamps used were; Great Gatsby from Artistic Outpost,
Sense of Time from Stampin’ Up.
Odds and Ends of hardware from Tim Holtz’s large button from Graphic 45.

I hope you will enjoy my poor attempt at two wonderful techniques enough to give them a try.
As always, thanks for your visit today, have a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

Terry said...

Vada, I don't know what the technique is suppose to look like, but what my eyes are taking in, is quite fabulous! I love the embossed background and all those layers of goodness! Not a bad image either! Big hugs, GF!

Krisha said...

Oh Vada, your attempst turned out stunning. I must check these tech. out.

lynnesbowsandbelles said...

This is most stunning piece, so many elements I want to sit and study.
Wishes
Lynne

Sue Butler said...

Hello Vada
You should be congratulated for giving it a go, not all techniques are easy, but I am sure you will try again and you will be happy with the result,I do not know of this technique either, but like the other comments here, what I can see I like and I can also see where you are going with this, it is unique and interesting and that has to be a plus, so do it again Vada,it has the potential with your talent to be worked on.
Smiles:)
Sue

Marjie Kemper said...

So beautiful! Love the contrast of the embossing and corrugated cardboard. It looks complicated and I like it as is.