Monday, July 23, 2012

Love Your Style

Over the week-end I had a little (Sew-Stampin’) fever.
The results of this fever is this card.
I stamped my spools of thread image on regular cardstock and colored with
Prismacolor pencils, then re-stamped the image on brown tissue paper, to copy the look of a sewing pattern. I cut out all the thread spools, and glued the tissue paper in place. 
Kinda like reverse paper piecing.
Stamp credits are; Club Scrap (Spools of Thread),
Rouge Redhead Designs (Love Your Style).
This image was stamped on cotton fabric, and the thread spools was repeated on the (Mover & Shapers) Dress Form.
The little shears die is from Provo Crafts.
Thanks for stopping in today, stay cool and have a great week.
Stampin’ Hugs

5 comments:

PetraB said...

so cool, love the result of your fever!

Terry said...

I think you should link this up to Simon Says Stamp and Show, "Hey Girl" as well! Holy Cow, Vada!!! I thought that was designer paper or one fabulous digi image! This is just breathtaking and I will have to be picking your brain about this one! Beautiful use of images and love that sewing theme! Love how you used the mini dress form! Hugs, GF!

Krisha said...

This is an AWSOME card!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love the sewing theme and, of course, your fab sentiment!

Anonymous said...

I thought you had used designer paper and digi images. You could be creating your own designer paper.
A favourite theme of mine is dressmaking so definitely appeals to me. Stunning use of stamps.
Wishes
Lynne